Sunday, February 21, 2010

Saturday =(ed) Craziness

Yesterday was the MilkMonster's first birthday--pirate-themed, aarrgg. Did his only Aunt Beez make it to his very first birthday party? Nope. In some strange twist of fate that I don't remember signing up for, I had to work at HCF giving tours for the very first time. I did pretty well, but I missed the cake! The best part of every first birthday party! So sad. (Pictures to come.)

I made it to the tail end of MM's party at which point he was having way too much fun playing in the pirate ship of cardboard made by his momma and daddy and wanted nothing to do with me. Its ok though. I can handle it.
So, after a Mexican meal with some great people, Will and I went to the red box in Publix and rented one of the only movies that wasn't out of stock.

We got Up.

Its a Pixar film, so thinking along the lines of Toy Story and Finding Nemo, I thought that it would be light, funny and entertaining.

WRONG!

Within the first ten minutes of the movie, I had the biggest elephant tears of my life rolling down my cheeks and puddling on my shirt front. I tried to sit there as quietly and still as possible, hoping that Will wouldn't notice, but the sheer volume of tears left me saturated and just wet. I finally had to ask him for some tissues.

This is what made me cry: (I dare you not to.)

So, once that scene was over, I figured that the movie would be funny and entertaining and most importantly, NOT SAD from that point on.

WRONG!
This part might possibly be the worst. EVER.

The point is that by the end of the movie, I was completely heart broken and scarred for life. 
Thanks, Pixar.

But, the funny parts were hilarious, yet not funny enough to make me forget all of the sad parts.

So, there you have it. I am a total wimp. And loser. And completely ridiculous.

I even teared up again reviewing these clips for the post.

PATHETIC.

No comments:

Post a Comment