Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Chivalry is not dead.

So, the most romantic thing happened the other day as I was driving down the road. Strange setting, right? It gets better. At least, I think it gets better. You will have to wait and see.

So, I was driving down the road, when a moron (which is the name that I call any- and everyone that pisses me off, annoys me or that I just don't like) pulls out right in front of me. Like blatantly in front of me. Like if I hadn't swerved to the right and slammed on the brakes, I would have T-boned them like the best of them blatantly. All was well and my reactions were quick, but they weren't quick enough to send my fist slamming down on the horn complete with a few choice words, silent to their moron ears, and a friendly hand signal.

But, not to fear! As soon as their bumper had cleared from my path and I had straightened up the car and was no longer off-roading it, I heard a long and loud "BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!" I checked my rearview mirror wondering who my knight in beeping armor might be and saw Hubs two cars behind.

"Of course," I thought. "He would defend my right-away honor with an angry toot of his horn."

I couldn't help but relish the warm, fuzzy feeling that this defense of love left in the pit of my stomach. I grinned despite myself, as I watched through the rearview mirror with tender eyes the Escape's (Hubs' car) progress down the road closer to me.

I picked up my phone and nervously with butterflies in my stomach pushed "W" that is Hubs' speed dial button.

"Hi baby," he said sweetly.

I giggled.

"Did you just beep the horn at that moron?"

"Yeah!" he said. "Of course I did. He just pulled out in front of my wife!"

"Awww," I cooed into the phone. "That was the most romantic thing ever, baby! I love you."

Hubs laughed at me.

"You're ridiculous," he said, a bit shyly if you ask me.

4 comments:

  1. You two love birds make me giggle. What a man that is though, hunh? Defending your honor. He's a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, so obviously you did not make that comment above. Sorry!! Didn't realize you were still logged into the laptop. Hee hee. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this. is. precious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha. i think when i check my gmail, it automatically remembers me on blogger. strange thing, the internet. plus, i'm really bad at remembering to logout. will complains about it quite frequently :)

    hi alex!!

    ReplyDelete