Tuesday, December 8, 2009

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree!

Well, our tree is decked almost to completion. Unfortunately, the very old strands of lights that I inherited from the parents did not shine this year. This means that currently only half of our tree is lit. (So, this in turn means that pictures will not be posted until it is shining and finished and perfect!) I am making the ubiquitous Wal-Mart run as soon as G-Riffin wakes up from his little snooze. On the list: Christmas lights, silk flowers (do they exist?? and where??) for a home-made art project and some white v-neck t's.

This will be our first adventure as nephew and aunt. I hope that it will be a great one! We shall see.

I am planning on making a silk flower broach and a ribbon belt with silk flower applique. I am not exactly sure how to do either of these things, but I think that I can figure it out. The only trouble seems to be finding silk flowers. I have looked at Wal-Mart already and Hobby Lobby with no success. I wasn't looking very hard though, which is not unusual. So, I'm going to try again!

I will be sure to post pictures of my success and failures (hopefully none). I've been feeling so creative lately, and writing, which usually works has not been my fix. So, off to artland I trek!

No comments:

Post a Comment