Thursday, December 3, 2009

Long enough....

Well, I figured that it had been long enough since my last post. I don't know what came over me. 2 weeks ago, I had to practice extreme restraint to keep me from blogging multiple times a day. But lately, the last thing that I have wanted to do is blog.

Well, the silence is over. I'm here to blog. Read and beware.

I think that I will catch all of my faithful readers up on the goings-on of the Jackson household. This post could then turn out to be one of two things: 1) fascinatingly interesting and entertaining or 2) exceedingly boring and rambling and everything not good about a blog post.

I guess the only way to find out is to begin. So, hold your breath and scroll.

But, don't really hold your breath.

But, do scroll.

First thing's first: Thanksgiving.

Whirlwind is the best word to describe my second favorite holiday. I can hardly believe that it was just last week. It might have something to do with the enormous amount of stress I was under that has created this fog of memories. I knew that with marriage came the inevitable rock of my holiday world, but I had no idea what to expect.

Unfortunately, Will and I hadn't exactly finalized our plans. And, by finalized, I mean excelled (think: Microsoft Excel--the best organizational tool EVER) our day into 15 minute increments. I was panic-stricken that I might miss something. Well, I did miss something. I missed Thanksgiving dinner with my family. But, don't worry, we ate. We had a fabulous dinner at Will's mother's house with most of his family. It was just different. It wasn't what usually happened on Thanksgiving. It was weird. And, it hurt. A little bit. But, Will and I are slowly but surely beginning our own traditions. I am so excited about this new phenomenon, but there's still a little room for mourning the way things used to be and never will be again. And, I did mourn just a little bit, bursting into tears in the shower, before the big day even began. Will held me and comforted me, and although I spent the rest of the day a little sad, I still enjoyed our first Thanksgiving as a married couple.

I love you, Thanksgiving. I love you, tradition. I love you, my NEW HUGE FAMILY. And, I love that this is just the beginning of something so New and so BEAUTIFUL. Bring on the change.

Lucky you that I didn't submit you all to the habitual list of all of the things for which I am most thankful! Numero uno reason why I didn't post on Thanksgiving day. You can thank me later.


BOOTS
.

My boots arrived. They are perfect. They are beautiful. I am in love with them.


Work.

Work is work is work is work is work. It keeps me busy and I am very thankful for all of the wonderful experience that I am gaining.


Christmas Decorations.

Now, for my most favorite holiday of all. This past Sunday, I put away my Fall decorations, which consist of a wreath of fall leaves (fake of course), 2 pumpkin figurines, 2 real pumpkins and two little hand towels with Jack-O-lanterns on them. I was so excited to put out my Christmas decorations, until I realized that I don't have any. Well, that's not exactly true. I have a good bit of tree decorations but sadly with no tree to put them on. However, the problem arose when I went to accessorize the cottage! The only things to put around the house were two red hand towels with snowmen on them. That's it!(I just can't make myself count the Christmas-themed tissue box in the bathroom as decor.)

Needless to say, I went decor shopping yesterday at, dun dah dun, Dollar General and Dollar Tree. I found so much cute stuff!!! I think that I am now in love with these two stores. What right did I have to be such a dollar snob? I am truly ashamed of myself. I will punctually take pictures of all of my new, cute decorations and post them for all to see. I also made my own big, red ribbon with huge Christmas balls on it to crown the front door. We will see how successful it is, and I might post a picture of it. It was my first attempt at bow-making, so be nice.

Will informed me the other day of what he wants as our Christmas tradition. Said tradition:

-decorate the tree
-oldies but goodies Christmas music in the background
-very large mug of hot chocolate in hand
-our favorite (at the moment) Christmas movie to be viewed upon completion of decorating

Sounds marvelous, babe. I can't wait to start traditioning with you!


Ok. I think that is all for now. I hate a blog post sans picture, but I will bombard you with shots of decor next time (actually, probably later on tonight). I feel my blog fever returning, so it shouldn't be too long for my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment