Saturday, November 21, 2009

Burn!

Will just made a huge bowl of cereal, his usual pre-bed snack. The Wal-Mart brand of Honey Bunches of Oats, filled to the brim of one of our deep bups (bowl/cup), with a generous dollop of honey on top. 2% milk touching the lip of the bup. Perfection in his eyes (and gut).

He brought his delicious creation to the couch. Took a seat next to me and settled into his cereal.

He took the first bite. Sat up really straight, sniffing the contents of the bup.

He stood up silently and went immediately to the kitchen, where he gagged.

I looked up from my blog-searching.

"What's wrong?" I asked in response to the gag and the look of pure disgust on his face.

"Bad milk," he said with turned-down mouth.




And, it is for moments like this that I am so glad I have this blog. I can't wait to read this years from now and relive this moment. I hope I never forget his face as he dumped that gigantic bup of cereal down the disposal. It was pure grief.


Priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment