Monday, March 29, 2010

Oh goodness..

So, I know that I left you all hanging after my last post. I just haven't had the energy to put into words all of the amazing adventures that Hubs and I experienced in the Wild State. Its been over a week since our return and I still feel overwhelmed (and by the way, I only just unpacked my bag last night, much to Hubs' relief). It may have had something to do with the 50+ hour work week that I just finished and the fact that I do 90% of my work on the computer.

I love you, boyfriend Mac, but it is so hard to force myself to sit in front of you once I get home and just want my brain to unwind.

Things are going to continue to be crazy at work with our new huge deadline. And now that I am "official" (ie: payroll, baby), I must devote even more time and brain space to work, especially since I am now the unofficial graphic designer (yeah, that's actually really funny, so feel free to laugh). Blogging will suffer greatly from this, which is why I am here now saying, au revoir. I am not leaving entirely, but posting will most likely occur maybe only once or twice a week.

I think that this will be a good thing. Recently, I have looked back on a few of my posts and have been very disappointed in my uninspired subject matter. Bless all of your hearts for sticking with me.

The honest truth is that I want to blog daily and I daily have a post in mind, but as soon as I sit down to write it, my true nature (otherwise known as LAZINESS) sets in and I don't have the will or the desire to finish. Or, if I do finish it, it is just craahp (said with Scottish "argh" there in the middle).

One of these days, I am going to go back and finish all of the posts that I have begun and yet to complete. But, not any day soon, I am sure.

So, to not leave you entirely hanging, here are a few details:

Hubs and I had a wonderful, whirlwind of a weekend in the Wild State. I met everyone I needed to meet for my future role in the preservation of the Wild State's history and culture.  I have some really great and hilarious stories that I would love to tell you all, but Hubs thinks it is best that I wait until I secure a job, since this is a public site.

But, for a recap. We saw lots of cows, drank wine with the bluebloods of Lewisburg and toured the ritzy Greenbrier with the governor-appointed Commissioner of Culture and History, who asked me to be his girlfriend, which I of course agreed to, meaning that I now have a Gay (I've always wanted one!!)!!

Oh yeah, and we found a place to live. Remember this post? Well, guess what? My wish has been granted! While in the Wild State, Hubs and I signed a lease for the most perfect apartment on the second floor of my very first glimpse into Lewisburg (thank you Wikipedia!). It was just meant to be, people, I tell you! I am now more excited than ever to get up there. I already have furniture arrangements, room decor and what-not planned out in my mind's eye. Hubs' input has been minimal and pretty much shot down each time he makes a suggestion. Sorry, baby, but I've got planz.

As soon as I become un-lazy, I am going to take all of the pictures off of my camera and show you the town and our future home. I swear!!

We will see how long that takes.

By the way, I am getting close to my 100th post, which will be a list of 100 things about yours truly.

How excited are you now, while simultaneously feeling frustrated and upset that I am reducing my post load per week? It could be a while before I get to 100..

Also, I am feeling oddly rejuvenated and am lamenting my temporarily lessened post load. I could just go on and on right now. It won't last long, I'm sure. But, if I do get bitten by the blogging bug, I will be sure to not hold back, which will make me look like a total flake.

But that is a risk that I am willing to take.


I just love the Beatles and talent like this.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are crazy busy! But congrats on the payroll thing and on finding a great apartment!

    ReplyDelete