Thursday, January 7, 2010

Winter Wonderland

So, as much as I hate snow and really anything cold/winter/freezing temperature-related, I am just a little anxious (dare I say excited?) about the possibility of nighttime snowfall this Thursday eve.

I love the look of snow with its calming blanket of bright white over the dull dreariness of winter terrain.

I think that our cottage would look sweet with snow-capped eaves and a heavy dusting on the front lawn of dead leaves.

And for education's sake, it would at least offer me an opportunity to practice driving under those winter-weather conditions that will be Lewisburg, WV in the dead of winter. Oh goodie!

Either way, a hot, hot cup of hot chocolate and Will and the couch and snow falling down all around us sounds really fantastic to me.

Not to mention the prospect of a snow day! Especially since I will be working all weekend, and Will is on call.

This may be the only time that I ever say (type) this, ever.

Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow; let it snow; let it snow. (Sung in a booming tenor like the last lines of that song)

No comments:

Post a Comment