Friday, January 8, 2010

Christmas Creativity

So, for Mare and Lare's Christmas present, I had the idea to make a silhouette of little man, Griffin. For some reason, I did not take a picture of the final product before we gave it to them, so here is a quick picture that I took of it hanging on their wall while G napped yesterday. (Please forgive my poor photography skills and the huge glare in the middle of G's head.)

It was surprisingly easy to do, except for the whole tracing his profile thing. I tried several times during his naps to trace his little-big head, but every time the pencil touched his nose, he squirmed and rubbed it, moved his head and I lost my place.

I finally just took a picture of him during a nap, used my debauched sketches to get the actual size of his head, and had Will trace his profile (because he is just good at things like that).

Will traced his profile. He cut it out. He glued it down. He stenciled G's name and age.

I like to call myself the Creative Director. I mean I have to claim some role in the creation of that gift, right?

It was my idea after all. I picked out the materials, paper, mat, frame, pen and stencil. I approved construction. I looked over Will's shoulder the entire time.

I know that he just loved that part of it.

Next, Will and I have a special treat for one of G's little friends. I can't wait to get started on that one.
-----------------------------------------------
And, after that (and sooner than later) I am going to figure out how to make a fabric rose headband like all of those creative Etsy ladies out in Provo, Utah.

We shall see. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. And it is the BEST gift I have ever gotten. By leaps and bounds. So thoughtful and creative. Thank you. I look at it daily (and I am sure I will do so for years and years) and it makes me smile for a myriad of reasons. I love you and Will so very much. So glad to have you both here with us for this short year. xo

    ReplyDelete