Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Oh No!

So, I totally screwed up and missed yesterday's blog. This is to make up for it: My thoughts from yesterday.




I baked cookies last night for the entire fam, including Will, TuTu, Mar, Lar and me. Baby G only has two teeth and he was in bed, so he missed out. So did Elle and Phe, the doggies, who were banished to their beds, as usual when the humans of the house are eating.




But the cookies, well, they weren't that great.




Because, I hate baking.




Baking is not fun. There are rules, lots and lots of rules, and if you don't follow them, you get in trouble. Or, you just end up wasting a lot of time and energy making something that people will take a bite of and either spit out or secretly throw away, while they attempt to chew the unpalatable bite with the grimmest of smiles.




I know, baking is a science, but I hate science, so why in the world would I like baking??




There is no creativity in baking. You cannot make it your own.





And, I know that someone will defend "the art of baking" by describing the icing and decorating processes that follow, and I say "hooray!" I love icing cakes, cookies, cupcakes, etc., but its all the stuff, "baking," that comes before that really sucks.




Is buying store-made cakes, cupcakes, cookies, etc. sans the icing and decorations and icing and decorating them yourself a bad thing? I hope not!




And, that's my tirade for the day. Stay tuned for today's real post!

No comments:

Post a Comment