Monday, July 6, 2009

Vacation is Over

Well, vacation has been and the real work begins. I have so much to do and very little motivation to do it. Ten days on a hot, sunny beach have left me drained. Remind me again how relaxing vacations are supposed to be. I have hardly stopped and there's just more to do. I wish that Will could be with me. Then, I think I would be diligent. I always said that I couldn't study unless he was next to me. Who knew that procrastination wasn't just for 15 page papers and finals? The thank-you notes that haunted my vacation will be done and posted by tomorrow at noon, even if it kills me to do, which it probably will.

My mom, Rachel, Mrs. Mary and I gave up two hours of vacation and breezes on the dock to painstakingly double-side tape the programs/fans together, only to find out the next day that the tape was faulty and hadn't stuck, which equals more work for me. I'm looking for industrial strength glue. I think it will be needed for the 90+ degree heat the fans must endure during the ceremony, while keeping the guests as cool as is possible on a July day in the swamps of Florence.


Will joined my family and me for the Fourth. We crashed my friend Lane's party and sat on her boat in Murrells Inlet for the fireworks show. Our third year anniversary came and went unnoticed. I actually just remembered that it was on July 1st. We used to celebrate every month for the first year with cards and spending time together. Occassionally, there would be a date or gifts. I guess the wedding has overshadowed everything!! I can't believe that we forgot. I guess to call it distraction would be an understatement.

But, before the fourth, we had our engagement party. It was a fabulous affair. It was so great to get a few family and friends together before the Big Day. It was a great excuse to dress up. I can't wait to see the pictures that our wonderful, last minute photographer, Hampton, took. I will be sure to post them as soon as I get them. Margaret, you were dearly missed! Not to worry, the four day weekend that will be our wedding is sure to make up for all of the missed moments. Bachelorette night should be memorable, hopefully!

We are still waiting to hear from West Virginia. I'm becoming quite impatient, but it is completely out of my control, something I find hard to swallow. To be continued.... inevitably until next August, I guess.

To do list:

-THANK YOU NOTES
-tie ribbons with silver hearts around the stems of the 150 champagne flutes
-re-tape the fans
-DANCE LESSONS for the B&G
-PICK UP THE DRESS!!!!! At the end of this week, I will be posing in my very own, custom-designed dress somewhere on Sullivan's Island as Steven shoots me, photographically speaking.
-schedule the mani-pedis for the bridal party
-apartment search in Cola, just in case
-keep on Will about the groom's gifts
-lose 10 lbs!

Help, please?

No comments:

Post a Comment