Saturday, July 11, 2009

The Bridal Shoot and More

So the bridal shoot went off without a hitch, I guess. Charleston had flooded the night before, which resulted in me wading through ankle deep, muddy water to get out to the beach in my new white, white dress. I was a little worried and nervous and sick to my stomach, but it was too late to turn back. I stood awkwardly in the dunes and on the beach, trying to pose without looking like I was posing, which was definitely not the case. I look just as awkward and posed in the pictures as I felt. Darn it. I thought all of the endless marathons of America's Next Top Model would at least count for something. Oh well. So far, the pictures look amazing thanks to Steven's skills and deft eye, even the awkwardly-this-so-is-a-pose pictures. Alright, enough already.

I am in Columbia for the weekend. I brought lots of wedding stuff for Will to help me complete! We have a busy weekend and first part of the week coming up. I picked up our wedding bands yesterday. Mine is blinging!! It totally surpassed my expectations. It makes me feel thug, like a rich rapper's wife from ATL. But, I am absolutely in love with it and can't wait for my two weeks to be up until I am officially Mrs. William Jackson. Will's band is exactly what he wanted. Thin, strong and shiny.

This weekend will be consumed with tying ribbons or tulle or whatever else I can get my hands on. Monday is marriage license pick-up day and Williams-Sonoma giftcard day. Yay. I can't wait to get something gourmet. On Tuesday, we have a dance lesson! Will can't wait for this. Then, on Wednesday, the wonderful women at the hospital who love him almost as much as me are throwing us a shower. It is so thoughtful and sweet of them to do. I can't wait for Will to finally experience the awkwardness of opening gifts that you feel you don't deserve in front of all of the people who bought them for you. Its going to be great. He will be writing those thank-you notes!

Right now, I am sitting on the floor in his mother's living room as she coaxes our nephew, Griffin, into a nap. I am still in my pajamas, and my belly is full of Will's delicious pancakes that were studded with blueberries, hand-picked by me from my grandfather's farm. Yum. Will isn't here though. He was called in to work for a hip dislocation. That's about as clinical as I get. Tell me the name of the procedure. If it sounds foreign, I don't want to know what it is!

I can't believe that in two weeks, Will and I will be preparing for our wedding. I will probably be getting my manicure or pedicure. He will probably be with my dad setting up the chairs for the ceremony.

Still no word from West Virginia. August 7th is the new cut-off date. I just hope that I can be patient until then.

I think next time I will tell the tale of how Will and I began dating. Then, I will get him to write his version. Should be interesting! I think its about time that we heard from him.

No comments:

Post a Comment